Rights & Responsibilities
To promote the interests and well-being of the patients of Jackson Siegelbaum Gastroenterology.
- All patients utilizing the services of Jackson Siegelbaum Gastroenterology shall be treated with respect, consideration and dignity.
- Patients of Jackson Siegelbaum Gastroenterology will be provided the appropriate privacy while being seen at our offices.
- Patient disclosures and records will be treated with confidentiality. Patients will be given the opportunity, when desired, the opportunity to approve or refuse their release.
- Patients will be given the opportunity to participate in decisions involving their health care. This will be done except when participation is contraindicated for medical reasons.
- All attempts will be made to accommodate patients who do not speak English. When possible an interpreter will be present. Also available are various companies that offer translation services:
A Bridge Between Nations
Global Equipment Network
Barianas Trnaslation Consultants
- The office expects that a patient will provide accurate and complete information about matters relating to his/her health history in order for the patient to receive effective medical treatment.
- A patient is responsible for reporting whether he/she clearly comprehends a contemplated course of action and what is expected of them.
- The office expects that a patient will cooperate with all personnel and ask questions if directions and/or procedures are not clearly understood.
- A patient is expected to be considerate of other patients and office personnel and to observe the no smoking policy of the office. A patient is also expected to be respectful of the property other persons and the property of the office.
- The patient is expected to help the physicians, nurses, and allied medical personnel in their efforts to care for the patient by following their instructions and medical orders.
- It is understood that a patient assumes the financial responsibility of paying for all services rendered whether through third party payors (his/her insurance company) or being personally responsible for payment for any services which are not covered by his/her insurance policies.
- It is expected that the patient will not take any drugs which have not been prescribed by his/her attending physician and administered by the office staff while in the office.
The physicians and staff of Jackson Siegelbaum Gastroenterology are committed to serving their patients and families and with the highest standards of care. We strive to continuously improve our standards through education, the technology and awareness of health care cost to meet the ever changing needs of our patients.